HP3000-L Archives

October 1998, Week 4

From:
Roy Buzdor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Buzdor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:44:02 -0700
Wirt Atmar wrote:

> Bruce Toback says,
>
> > From the November, 1998 issue of _Arizona Attorney_:
> >
> >    Undertaking to become "Year 2000 compliant" is...
> >    an activity in which counsel should clearly be
> >    involved.
> >
> > The four-page article is entitled, "Solving the 'Year 2000'
> > Problem: The Lawyer's Role."
>
> While Joe's comments are legitimate, if I read between
> Bruce's lines correctly, I think what Bruce was commenting
> on was a recapitulation of Shakespeare's dictum, "First,
> let's kill all the lawyers," that being the "undertaking"
> that lawyers should be involved in :-).
>
> Wirt Atmar

IIRC, the early settlers of our country defined lawyers
as a type of parasite and did attempt to eliminate them.
Pity they did not succeed.

--

Buz          (8

| This is official written notice:      | My real address is:  |
|   Please remove me from your mailing  |   lnuslad dot dzvg41 |
|   list.                               |    at eds dot com    |