HP3000-L Archives

October 1998, Week 4

From:
PNauman751 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PNauman751 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 05:23:40 GMT
I am kind of new to posix things and know even less about networking, all I
want to  do is transfer a file from my HP3000 to my PC which is running Linux.
The file is a tar file created on the HP3000 of a bunch of files that were read
from a DAT2 tape.  (I do not have a DAT drive on my PC so that is not an
option).  When I try to download the tar file with xmodem, it simply quites.  A
tar file is a byte stream file which xmodem can not read  (I am guessing.)

I have tried the xmodem from the Interex CSL and one I found at www.3k.com
(xmodem.wrq), both with the same result.

I found another xmodem program from an HP-UX ftp site (can not remember
where) which included C source code.  After a few minor changes I was able to
compile and link the program using c89, when I try to run it I get unresolved
externals for tcgetattr and tcsetattr.  These two functions are defined as
externals in /usr/include/termios.h.

Please help me find these functions, do I need to include some library from
somewhere?

Even if I get this to run, it may not actually work since it came from an HP-UX
site, does anyone know of a true MPEix version that will process byte stream
files, or I am I missing something really silly here?

Paul Nauman - Food For Health, Inc.