HP3000-L Archives

October 1998, Week 4

From:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 11:17:05 -0700
I agree with Joe that being insightful with respect to further improvements
is desirable, and our company wrestled with that issue two years ago as we
planned our Y2K remediations.  However, that luxury soon proved to be
elusive due to the huge scope of the changes required to so many systems,
subsystems, embedded systems, intrastructure, etc.  Budget and manpower
constraints also contributed to the final decision that all remediation
projects would include no further enhancements to assure successful
completion of the highest priority tasks.  For those who have delayed Y2K
efforts, this will most likely be an even more critical decision.  Money
and time are powerful allies.

Lee Gunter          [log in to unmask]