HP3000-L Archives

October 1998, Week 4

Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 07:48:37 -0700
I'm a little taken aback at the direction this topic has taken. First off
the character is easy to get rid of. But most importantly the individuals
discussing this don't seem to realize the incredible power (albeit somewhat
inconsistent) in the natural-language querying capabilities this technology
offers. I've found that once you are able to properly form questions, the
choice of key word being most important, getting information on product
capabilities is far quicker and easier than searching through the contents
of the help file.

I hope MS continues to develope this for all their products. It would be
nice if we had access to the technology sans the character (I must admit I
like the Cat) and hopefully this will be an option in the future.

Marcus