HP3000-L Archives

October 1998, Week 3

From:
Tim Ericson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Ericson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 17:53:36 -0700
I just received this from HP about CSY's "Road Show":

HP 3000 STRATEGIC CUSTOMER FORUM

A DYNAMIC EXCHANGE OF IDEAS

YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO HEAR ABOUT THE LATEST IN HP 3000 STRATEGIC
DEVELOPMENTS AND PROVIDE FEEDBACK ON KEY ISSUES IN HP 3000 COMPUTING

WITH HP 3000 EXECUTIVES: HARRY STERLING, ROY BRESLAWSKI, AND
WINSTON PRATHER.

WE ARE COMMITTED TO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.  WE WANT TO MAKE SURE OUR
CUSTOMERS HAVE THE INFORMATION THEY NEED TO MAKE THE RIGHT BUSINESS
COMPUTING DECISIONS, AND THAT WE SOLICIT FEEDBACK FROM OUR CUSTOMERS
IN ORDER TO CONTINUE DELIVERING QUALITY PRODUCTS.

HARRY STERLING
GENERAL MANAGER - HP 3000

Good relationships depend on good communication.  And we think the
best communication is dynamic, with everyone having a say.

Because of the enormous investment and commitment you make in your
HP 3000 business computing environment, we understand that you need
information about the industry trends, product developments and
opportunities.  In addition, we want to better understand your needs,
challenges and ideas.

Well, here's a great opportunity to get together and exchange ideas!
We are hosting the HP 3000 Strategic Customer Forum - an executive,
business-casual, interactive event hosted in seven regional locations.
The forum will feature high-level, strategic presentations by HP 3000
executive management.  You will also have an opportunity prior to the
event to determine the content of other presentations and participate
in small-group breakout sessions to discuss the HP 3000 computing
issues that matter to you most.  Our goal is to make this event casual,
intimate and topically focused to facilitate good discussion and flow
of ideas.  For this reason, attendance will be limited.

Your participation is important to us, and we would like to show our
appreciation for your attendance by offering a special HP 3000 Forum
Attendance free software license upgrade (see below for details).
We look forward to seeing you there!

LOCATIONS & HP PARTICIPANTS SCHEDULED TO ATTEND

All regional forum events will be held in local HP offices.

NOVEMBER 2, 1998 - TORONTO (MISSISSAUGA), ONTARIO
Harry Sterling, Roy Breslawski and HP 3000 team members

NOVEMBER 4, 1998 - CHICAGO (ELK GROVE VILLAGE), IL
Harry Sterling, Roy Breslawski and HP 3000 team members

NOVEMBER 5, 1998 - ATLANTA, GA
Harry Sterling, Roy Breslawski and HP 3000 team members

NOVEMBER 6, 1998 - PARAMUS, NJ
Harry Sterling, Roy Breslawski and HP 3000 team members

NOVEMBER 12, 1998 - CUPERTINO, CA
Harry Sterling, Roy Breslawski, Winston Prather and HP 3000 team
members

NOVEMBER 16, 1998 - SEATTLE (BELLEVUE), WA
Harry Sterling, Winston Prather and HP 3000 team members

NOVEMBER 17, 1998 - DALLAS, TX
Harry Sterling, Winston Prather and HP 3000 team members

HOW TO REGISTER

There are three easy ways to register:

  1) via fax to 612-430-3388,
  2) via voice mail to 612-430-9343, or
  3) via e-mail at [log in to unmask]

When registering, please provide the following information:

full name          title              company name
department         street address     city, state, zip
phone              fax                e-mail

event location (city) you would like to attend

Be sure to include your e-mail address so that we may send you the
pre-event e-mail survey.  We value your feedback.  Your participation
in this survey will help us customize the content of the presentations
and topics for breakout sessions at each location.

If you have questions about this event, please call 612-430-9343 and
leave a voice message.

AGENDA

REGISTRATION            8:30 AM - 9:00 AM
Continental breakfast will be served.

MORNING                 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM

INTRODUCTIONS

HIGH-LEVEL PRESENTATIONS & DISCUSSIONS
Business Strategy & Directions
HP 3000 Product Update
HP 3000 Channel Update
Solution Partnership Update
Additional presentations to be determined by survey.

DISCUSSION AND Q&A

LUNCH                 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Lunch, and morning and afternoon snacks will be provided.

AFTERNOON              1:00 PM - 4:00 PM

BREAKOUT SESSIONS
Topics to be determined by survey.

GROUP DISCUSSION AND CONCLUSIONS

CLOSING REMARKS

FREE SOFTWARE LICENSE UPGRADES FOR ATTENDING

Attend one of our regional HP 3000 Strategic Customer Forum events
and receive a special coupon redeemable for free software license
upgrades.

Upgrade your HP 3000 systems to the next tier*, and we will upgrade
selected HP software licenses to the new system tier at no charge,
potentially saving your company over $50,000.

Eligible software:
Mirrored Disk/iX
Workload Manager
HP GlancePlus for MPE/iX
HP GlancePlus Pak for MPE/iX
TurboSTORE/iX
TurboSTORE/iX 7x24 True ONLINE Backup Auto Restart
HP FORTRAN 77/iX
HP COBOL II/iX Compiler
HP Pascal/iX Compiler
HP C/iX

ADDITIONAL OFFER!

Purchase a new HP 3000 system (979KS, 989 or 997KS) and receive
TurboSTORE/ix 7x24 True ONLINE Backup software free.

Attendance at one of the seven regional events is required to
participate in this special offer.

Coupons expire February 26, 1999.
Special offer does not include support costs.
Specific program details will be presented at each event.

* Based on new three-tier model announced August 1998.

HP 3000 TEAM PARTICIPANTS

Participation by the executive team is confirmed and listed below.
In addition, a small group (2 - 3) of R&D and Marketing team members
will also attend each event location.  The team members chosen to
participate in each event will be determined in part by the results
of the pre-event customer e-mail survey (matching team members'
expertise to topics chosen) and their availability.  The list of
likely R&D and Marketing participants is given below.

EXECUTIVE:
Harry Sterling, General Manager - confirmed/attending all events
Roy Breslawski, Marketing Manager - confirmed/attending
                                    Nov. 2, 4, 5, 6 & 12
Winston Prather, R&D Manager - confirmed/attending
                               Nov. 12, 16 & 17

R&D:
Dave Wilde, R&D Section Manager
Alvina Nishimoto, R&D Program Manager - Internet & Interoperability
Rachael Kornblau, Solution Manager - Data Center Management
Ross McDonald, R&D Project Manager - Software Delivery
Pam Bennett, Co-Manager - Platform Growth Solution Team
Becky McBride, Co-Manager - Platform Growth Solution Team

MARKETING:
Art Garcia, Business Unit Manager - Americas Marketing Center
Vicki Symonds, Product Marketing Manager
Kriss Rant, Strategic Alliance Development Manager
Dave Snow, Hardware Platform Line Manager
Daren Connor, Data Center Management Solution Team Manager
Alex Early, Data Storage Line Manager

  My mind is my own, as are my ideas and opinions.
  My heart, body, and soul, however, all belong to others.       Tim.
  Tim Ericson            tericson      DenKor Dental Management Corp.
  Sr. Systems Analyst     at denkor    503-526-4440 (my direct number)
    (& Systems Manager)     dot com         http://www.denkor.com
  Programming HP3000s since 1983!      Quality dental care since 1970!
  UDCs and Command Files:  http://www.denkor.com/hp3000/command_files