HP3000-L Archives

October 1998, Week 3

From:
John Zoltak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Zoltak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 17:24:46 -0400
Curtis,

        You are right, these files (in HPENV.SYS) are for the
HP2680/HP2688 type of printers. They used a language called DCL (I
think). Different parts of the files are downloaded to those printers
with FDEVICECONTROL calls. These are totally unusable with LaserJet
printers. If you really want the documentation, they were listed along
with the different character sets (in CHARSET.SYS) in the IFS/3000
manual (Interactive Formatting System) part number 36580-90001. The last
edition I have is dated 9/84.

Hope this helps
John Zoltak
North American Mfg Co