HP3000-L Archives

October 1998, Week 3

From:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 06:40:57 -0800
>List Members,
>
>I also have been looking at PDF solutions and just today came across a
>site http://www.pcltools.com that has a PCL to PDF converter including
>source. This might be something useful to port. I'm going to seriously
>look at this.
>
>John Zoltak
>North American Mfg Co

I ran across an item called PDFlib at
http://www.ifconnection.de/~tm/software/pdflib/index.html

It looks like it would be reasonably easy to port to the 3k. It includes a
make file for gcc, "bindings" for TCL and perl, and a few demo programs. One
of the demo programs is a text to PDF. It looks like with a little work you
could teach it how to deal with CCTL.

Here is there description from the web site -

PDFlib is a library of C routines which allow you to programmatically
generate files in Adobe's Portable Document Format PDF. PDFlib acts as a
backend processor to your own programs. While you (the programmer) are
responsible for retrieving or maintaining the data to be processed, PDFlib
takes over the task of generating the PDF code which graphically represents
your data. While you must still format and arrange your text and graphical
objects, PDFlib frees you from the internals and intricacies of PDF.
Although being far from complete, PDFlib already offers many useful
functions for creating text, graphics, images and hypertext elements in PDF
files.

Another place to look for for info might be the PDFzone.com

-Lane