HP3000-L Archives

October 1998, Week 1

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 17:50:36 -0400
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> I am not sure about most folks, but I have an HP firewall issue with
> the Yahoo chatroom - it will not work from inside HP's firewall.  I
> suspect that there are others who would have firewall issues as well.

Few if any firewall allow inbound connection requests except to specific
ports.  I suspect your "chat" may be one such service.  This one, and
others, startup a listener port on your machine on some nonstandard port
number.  Firewalls (and many router filters) don't like that.

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>  "Been there, caused that"