HP3000-L Archives

October 1998, Week 1

From:
"SIMPKINS, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
SIMPKINS, Terry
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 18:26:00 +0000
I'm at a site in the UK (no system manuals) and am trying to sort a
network printing problem.

HP laserjet 8000DN on JetDirect box
using HP network printing (NETCONFIG)

I think I want to turn on "page level recovery", but can't exactly remember.
The problem we have is that if the printer runs out of paper during a nightly
batch run of invoices, it start over at the beginning of the spoolfile in the
morning when someone fills it with paper.

I think that PLR will let it start at the spot where it stopped.  Is that correct?
If so, how do I enable PLR?

What are the downsides to this?

Terry W. Simpkins
Director ISIT