HP3000-L Archives

October 1998, Week 1

From:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 19:11:51 -0400
Okay, for what it's worth, I modified the program today to use
CIUPDATE.  I used the DBFIND-DBGET-DBUPDATE-Repeat DBGET until
no more records logic.  I locked the entry by another item that
was not being changed (so I had lock coverage both before and
after the search item change).  The first test appears to work,
that is, no records appears to be missing, and the search item
that I was changing to zero was changed in all records that needed
to be changed.  I plan on doing more testing tomorrow.

The actual logic is:

DBFIND_By_Search_Item_1

DBGET

DBLOCK_By_Search_Item_2

Set Search_Item_1 to zeroes

DBUPDATE

DBUNLOCK

Go_Back_To_DBGET_Until_End_Of_Chain

Jim Phillips                            Manager of Information Systems
Voice: (330) 527-2124                   Therm-O-Link, Inc.
  Fax: (330) 527-2123                   PO Box 285; 10513 Freedom St.
Email: [log in to unmask]       Garrettsville, Ohio  44231