HP3000-L Archives

October 1998, Week 1

From:
Paul Gobes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gobes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 13:37:46 -0700
Glenn J. Koster, Sr. states:

> ... <snip>
>...When we attempted to move the date for testing
>purposes, none of our third party software with date-sensitive software
>licenses (QEdit, Suprtool, etc.) would function.  Consequently, we use a
>third-party date modification tool (TimeMachine).  Even now, prior to
>executing any of the third-party software we have to set the time back to
>the current date.

To clarify, US and Canadian customers on direct support with Robelle receive
non-expiring versions of Qedit and Suprtool. They should have no problem
either :

  1. 'physically' changing the date (reboot or SETCLOCK command).
  2. using Stan's Hourglass product.
  3. using other modification tools along with versions starting with
      4.0.13 of Suprtool and 4.6.02 of Qedit.

People who receive expiring versions will have problems changing the dates.
These include some international customers, trial customers, betas and
VAR customers (those who get our programs bundled into application packages
like Heathcare and Mailorder).

For these customers the following alternatives are available:

  1. Get direct support with Robelle and recieve a non-expiring version.

  2. Test within the limits of your expiry date. The expiry date can
     be extended to Oct 03, 2000.  n.b. for this approach you will need to
     either use Hourglass product  or 'physically' set the time forward with
     a reboot or the new SETCLOCK command.

/paul

Paul Gobes, Tech Support Mgr.
Robelle Consulting Ltd.