HP3000-L Archives

September 1998, Week 5

From:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 13:57:18 -0700
John Zoltak (and others) (more or less) wrote:

> This doesn't seem right. It seems to me that ALL groups have to be
> created on the MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET. Only those groups that you want
> on a private volume have to be created on the private volume with
> NEWGROUP XYZ;ONVS=PRIVATE_VOLUME_SET and then do a ALTGROUP
> XYZ;HOMEVS=PRIVATE_VOLUME_SET.

ok ok -- having exposed my ignorance :-)  yes, the entry *does*
reside on the system volume set.  but from a practical point of
view, you're not aware of that.  physically, any files made/purged
do a group homed to a private volume is going to be live/die
on the discs assigned to the private volume.       - d

--
Donna Garverick     Sr. System Programmer