HP3000-L Archives

September 1998, Week 5

From:
Eric Bender <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Bender <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 09:40:26 -0400
At 08:44 AM 9/29/1998 -0400, Paveza, Gary wrote:
>It (ftp) may be a poor performer, but if that is true, it doesn't say
>much for NRJE.

Listen, IMHO nothing good should ever be said about NRJE. When we
"upgraded" to MPE/ix a few years back from MPE/V, we had no choice
(according to HP) but to replace RJE, which had performed excellently for
years in a multi-application mode, with NRJE which moved telecommunications
smartly back into a 1960's mode. We currently download/upload files to/from
a PC thru Reflection for ftp transmissions and, as awkward as that may
sound, it's a heck of a lot more effective than NRJE ever was. (Can you
tell I'm not a great NRJE fan?) Anyway, end-of-rant.

Regards, Eric Bender