HP3000-L Archives

September 1998, Week 5

From:
Patrick Muylaert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Muylaert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 09:50:50 +0100
Or write your own socket-based applications. All logic running on the HP,
less data traffic on your network. Although this approach is better for GUI
applications than for reports I guess. On the other hand we publish reports
on our intranet server that ran on the HP and were transfered to the server
with Reflection commands in a Cobol file transfer program.

Pat.

Use ODBC! This is what we do especially to have reports on the PC. Best regards, Andreas Schmidt, CSC, Germany [log in to unmask] on 09/29/98 07:11:00 PM Please respond to [log in to unmask] To: [log in to unmask] cc: (bcc: Andreas Schmidt/HI/CSC) Subject: Making IMAGE data available to PCs Scenario: Existing IMAGE based application. Other users want to access the same data from a number of desktop utilities. It has been suggested to periodically extract the IMAGE data to flat files, transfer them to a 'data warehouse' machine and let the users 'go at it'. Any suggestions where, perhaps, the data stay in IMAGE and are still available to the users or where the transfer occurs dynamically as changes are made to the IMAGE bases system, would be welcomed. Regards Paul