HP3000-L Archives

September 1998, Week 5

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 16:30:28 -0400
Well,

> I just thought I would add some perspective.
>
> * The MPEJXV9B problem (as I understand it) is limited to the
>   Posix shell rm -R (recursive) command. MPE purges, with or
>   without the ;TREE option and shell rm commands without the -R
>   option are NOT effected.

<stuff snipped>

> I guess my general take on this issue is that it is not a very
> good reason for most customers to avoid PP5. I am still glad that
> Mark Bixby took the time to mention the problem and clarify it.

Well, I went and did it... Did the Patch/iX thing, created the CSLT..

Updated with the CSLT...

The thing went sooooo smooth - but Murphy was lurking behind the system...
he had to be...

The system came back up nicely..

Went to start the network...

netcontrol start... OK
netcontrol start... OK
nscontrol start

Oops - version mismatch!!!

PICS call is in - it's been escalated...  still awaiting the callback.
Meanwhile, good ol' Wally can't get his network up, and basically is useless
for now.

Oh yeah - I did veto the MPEJX patch.

As for the network - yes, we've already gone through the typical rename of
files and running JCONFJOB - still no good.

I'll take ideas - and I'll post what the RC comes up with.  (Let's hope it's
not something like "reinstall your Factory Preload Tape, Restore all your
files , ... )  Oh yea - I did do a full backup...

Later,
Joe