HP3000-L Archives

September 1998, Week 3

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:48:00 -0700
Richard writes:
>   As to Stan's suggestion of looking at the 2nd digit on the system run
> hex display, our hp9000/k570/400 today had a constant 3 (not ever
> switching to F), even while glance and top both reported .0x%
> utilization, so YMMV.  After rebooting, the display is back to acting
> normal.

Note that Richard is referring to an HP-UX machine.

The speedometer is available only on MPE/iX machines.  I didn't qualify
my comments because this is HP3000-L / comp.sys.hp.mpe :)

The same display on HP-UX is supposed to display the "run queue" length
in the second digit (the MPE CPU % digit), and the number of CPUs in the
thrid digit.  So it sounds like your K570 is reporting F34F.
Gavin mentions that he's seen cases where the run queue length looks
odd.

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                     http://www.allegro.com/sieler.html