HP3000-L Archives

September 1998, Week 3

From:
Abraham Zwygart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Abraham Zwygart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 07:44:57 -0700
I wrote:

> I'm running a HP3000 939.  I just upgraded from version 5.0 to 5.5
> pp4.  Scents the upgrade the spoolf #;pri=# dose not always work
> (about half the time nothing happens.)  There is no error message.
> Has anybody else have this same problem and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks for the help from all those that wrote back.

It was suggested that I use ALTER option with the spoolf:
    SPOOLF #;ALTER;PRI=#     This worked every time without fail.

I have also found the ALTSPOOLFILE also dose not work every time.  This is
more of a problem because there are more end users that use this command to
alter there spool files.  They have access to this command via ALLOW
command.  The only answer I have gotten is to have the user redo the command
(generally no more then the second time.)

Abraham Zwygart
Senior Programmer Analysts     Email: [log in to unmask]
7933 N. E. 21st Avenue         Phone: (503) 972-1404 x 1232
Portland, OR 97211             Fax:   (503) 972-1408

The thoughts, comments, and opinions expressed herein are mine
and do not reflect those of my employer(s), or anyone else.