HP3000-L Archives

September 1998, Week 2

From:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 09:56:32 -0400
Hi all,

For those of us who are vi illiterate, I have found that a simple
combination of frombyte, EDITOR (or QUAD or any other MPE editor), and
tobyte work very well for editing smb.conf

Simply log on as MGR.SAMBA,PUB

frombyte.hpbin.sys  './lib/smb.conf SAMBACNF'
edit SAMBACNF with your favorite MPE text editor.
tobyte.hpbin.sys '-at SAMBACNF ./lib/smb.conf'

Works like a charm and you don't need to learn vi!

Doug.

Doug Werth                                     Beechglen Development Inc.
[log in to unmask]                                       Cincinnati, Ohio

The opinions expressed do not necessarily represent the views or opinions
of Beechglen Development. They might, but not necessarily. They represent
solely the opinions of the author.