HP3000-L Archives

September 1998, Week 2

From:
John Zoltak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Zoltak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 08:57:40 -0400
Hello List Members,

Regarding Jeff Vance's message on CFE's. As I was reading these and
trying to figure out where to spend my $5 and wishing I had more money
to spend, I was considering item DB 2. "DBUTIL to ignore file
equations."

I would think that it would be better to leave it like it is. Maybe for
those of us who are experienced it would be nice to change it, but for
the inexperienced it could be a nightmare. Consider that someone might
issue a file equation to a test database, use some programs to do
testing, and then want to erase that database to restart their testing
cycle. They use DBUTIL and erroneously think that they've just erased
their test database only to be horrified to find that by chance no one
was accessing the production database and it was just erased.

If you leave it like it is, it'll tell them that they can't use a file
equation and they'll have to CHGROUP or whatever to erase the database.

So what do y'all think?

John Zoltak
North American Mfg Co