HP3000-L Archives

September 1998, Week 2

From:
Klaus Franke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 09:32:10 +0100
Hi,
if you know the number of bytes to skip, you can set up an environment
file containing the following sequence:
   ESC(s<nn>W
where <nn> is the number of bytes to suppress. This is a little trick to
eliminate <nn> number of bytes following the sequence by defining a
soft-character (which is of no use, of course).

This works only for pcl-compatible devices.

May be, this is kind of helpful.

Klaus Franke