HP3000-L Archives

September 1998, Week 2

From:
Isaac Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Isaac Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:36:41 -0700
Before completing this survey, if you have a general HP Support questions
NOT RELATED to this survey, please submit them through Interex's
Supportability Special Interest Group (SIG) e-mail reflector.

Details for subscribing to this listserver are located at
http://www.interex.org/cgi/lists.cgi?list=supportability
----------------
HP's Software Services Division (SSD) is reviewing our current policy for
purchasing phone-in assistance on core Operating Systems (OS) and software
(SW) applications.  We would like customer feedback in a few specific areas
to help us evaluate the extent of change required to meet customer needs
while balancing our delivery effectiveness.

Today, if a customer desires SW phone-in assistance, HP requires you to
purchase SW phone-in assistance on both your core OS and all SW applications
that reside on a machine. This maximizes the effectiveness of our delivery
organization by removing artificial boundaries in troubleshooting because of
the close integration between SW applications and the core OS.

HP has received customer requests to allow the flexibility to either
purchase or not purchase SW phone-in assistance on a per SW application
basis as well as the flexibility to purchase core OS support only.  To
clarify the extent of flexibility required to meet customer needs and to
evaluate the consistency of those needs across platforms, we are soliciting
your thoughts on the questions below.

Please mail your responses to [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask] NO
LATER THAN Friday, Sept. 18th!

1.  Country/State _______________

2.  Platform (HP-UX, NT, MPE, Other) ______________
    (If representing more than one platform, please indicate whether
     your answers vary by platform)

For this survey, we are using the following definitions:

    Core Operating System (OS): examples: HP-UX, NT, MPE/iX
    Software Applications: examples: OpenView, COBOL, Omniback

3.  Would you like the flexibility to purchase SW phone-in assistance
    on the Core OS only and not on SW applications?
    Y or N
    Comments:

4.  If HP offered you the choice of purchasing or not purchasing
    SW phone-in assistance on a per SW application basis:

    - Would you object to HP requiring core OS support as a pre-
      requisite to SW application support?
      Y or N
      Comments:

    - Would you object to HP requiring a consistent level of support
      (i.e. business hours or 24x7) on all SW applications supported
      on a particular machine?
      Y or N
      Comments:

5.  Other comments or feedback on this subject.

6.  Would you be interested in participating in future discussions on
    this topic?
    Y or N

We appreciate your feedback in helping us understand your needs!

Again, please mail your responses to [log in to unmask] and
[log in to unmask] NO LATER THAN Friday, Sept. 18th!