HP3000-L Archives

September 1998, Week 2

From:
Tom Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 23:21:24 -0400
Furthermore, I keep getting messages from the list server telling me it has
bounced duplicates of messages I posted only once.

At 22:36 9/13/98 -0400, Wirt Atmar wrote:
>Although I was the one that initially brought up the subject concerning
having
>the HP3000-L list and comp.sys.hp.mpe newsgroup more tightly connected
than it
>was a couple of months ago, I have gotten to the point that I would like to
>change my vote and disconnect the two if these constant re-feeds of old posts
>keep occurring.
>
>As it is now, no one needs to post anything new tomorrow to the list for us
>all to get ten or twenty randomly date-selected, week-old messages tomorow.
>The list and its newsgroup gateways are now carrying on their own internally
>generated conversation.
>
>Posts are appearing two or three times each, sometimes separated by days or
>even weeks. It makes reading the list difficult, and is possibly even
having a
>depressing effect on people trying to carry on new, valid conversations.
>
>Wirt Atmar

Tom Brandt                            Northtech Systems, Inc.
+1 734-769-5040                     3588 Plymouth Road, Suite 292
+1 734-769-5498 (FAX)            Ann Arbor, MI 48105