HP3000-L Archives

September 1998, Week 2

From:
Jagdish Damania <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 08:59:12 -0700
Hi Tom

You can not use Query or I do not know any way to do this function in
QUERY.

However if you can take dataset away for may be 5-10 min depending on size
of the dataset, you can use SUPRTOOL and QEDIT to get the result you want.

1. Extract (Delete) all records from the dataset with matching pattern.
2. Change string "UFD" with "uF" in QEDIT
3. PUT back to change data.

When I do these type of job, I also make copy of data before, and after the
change and RUN COMPARE just to make sure that I have not change any other
field.

HTH

Jagdish Damania
408-563-1490

 (Embedded
 image moved   Tom Brandt <tbrandt @ NORTHTECH.COM>
 to file:      09/11/98 08:34 AM
 pic10766.pcx)

Please respond to Tom Brandt <[log in to unmask]>