HP3000-L Archives

September 1998, Week 2

From:
Paul Courry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Courry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 19:48:08 -0700
The number of physical spindles do make a difference. Also, the number of
devices on your SCSI card makes a big difference (SE no more than 5, FW no
more than 10, YMMY.)  Also, BUY MORE MEMORY! The less swapping you do the
better off you are and too many systems are memory starved, even in these
days of cheap memory.