HP3000-L Archives

September 1998, Week 1

From:
Leonard Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leonard Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 08:43:43 -0400
Let me rephrase my question.

As part of a strategic initiative to plan for increased growth of
membership (Tufts Health Plan), a team is examining all of the
"infrastructure". One aspect is on-line transaction capacity.  Most of this
activity is likely to be TurboImage instrinsics. We are looking for tools
to benchmark the current performance of the various intrinsics in various
programs so that we can make projections for the future.

The suggestions, for which we are very grateful,  I have received are:

DBRIVER (for intrinsic timing)
HOWMESS (Robelle) or the CSL varieties thereof to look for clustering in
the master datasets
SUPRTOOL (for timing information)
SPT (part of the GLANCE/XL package)

If you have any other suggestions, please pass them along. Many thanks.

Leonard S. Berkowitz
mailto:[log in to unmask]
phone: (617) 972-9400 ext. 3250
fax:   (617) 923-5555