HP3000-L Archives

September 1998, Week 1

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 18:03:27 -0700
Stan wrote:
> > > http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/mpe
>
> I joined it ... but it needs a lot of work.

I gave up (for now) after four rounds of the "user name guessing game"
that's so common on web sites these days, wherein you are required to
think up a user name that none of the site's 20,000,000 other members
thought of.

I always think that the music from the Monty Python "Fish Slapping Dance"
should play in the background while you're going through this process.

Assuming you guess an unused user name (that you'd be willing to wear in
public) you're then expected to remember it along with yet-another-password
(which of course should not be the same as any other password you've ever
used on any other site).

Maybe tomorrow.

G.