HP3000-L Archives

September 1998, Week 1

From:
Alan Yeo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 18:05:02 +0100
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Roy Buzdor
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Paul Dorius wrote:
>>
>> IBM focuses its AS400 marketing ...
>> IBM says, "It's a web server." "It's a Java server."
>> It's an enterprise server." "It's an electronic
>> commerce server."
>
>It slices.  It dices.  It chops.  It purees.  And
>when the lights go out, it will hold the door open.
>
>[Sorry, when the AS/400 first came out, our HP shop
>had a good laugh trying to figure out why anyone
>would pay such a high price for such a mediocre
>machine.  Now, it is the foundation for IBM's
>internet strategy.]

Yes but IBM sure market and sell the thing. Which is more than HP have
done for the 3k in Europe for a decade.

I for one don't care if HP want to relaunch the 3K every six months with
a new tag. Just so long as it's a 3K and they legitimate it as a valid
choice for companys to buy.

So I for one would not knock IBM for a very good marketing campaign. I
just wish 5% of the AS400 installed were 3K's.
Alan Yeo
[log in to unmask]    Just because you're paranoid
Phone +44 1684 291710   it doesn't mean someone isn't!.
Fax   +44 1684 291712