HP3000-L Archives

September 1998, Week 1

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 23:43:48 -0400
Bruce,

>    Sir:
>
>    Our lease obligations as spelled out in our 24-page lease
>    agreement are, in summary, (a) pay the rent, and (b) don't
>    stink up the halls. With regard to (a), we have an adequate
>    supply of pens with which to write rent checks, and with
>    regard to (b), this will serve as written certification
>    that company policy requires all programmers to bathe at least
>    semimonthly. Although we have been somewhat lax in enforcing
>    this policy, we will insure that all programmers have complied
>    on or before December 31, 1999 despite the potentially
>    detrimental effect on their productivity.
>
>    Please note that the tenant across the hall has been using
>    the same battered carton of half-and-half since
>    March 17, 1995, and this may become an issue early in 2000.
>    We would not want you to confuse our programmers with
>    their cream.

Send this one - and let us know what their reply is <g>.  I showed this post
to our attorney this evening over drinks - he laughed himself silly and he
too said that you should send this one.

Go for it - your landlord sounds like (s)he got their share of "prove your
compliance" letters and probably thought it would be good to bug the
tennants.  Having not seen your lease, but in looking at ours - a paper
check written with a (insert brand name here) pen is just as good as one
generated by QuickBooks Pro :)

Good Luck,
Joe