HP3000-L Archives

September 1998, Week 1

From:
Melvin R Rees <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 16:17:39 GMT
I hope someone on the list knows this information.  First, the ODBC SE
drivers seem to only support "FORWARD ONLY" cursors.  Is this correct?
Can it be changed with configuration settings? And, is there a
definitive list of what the ODBC SE drivers support.

Pet Peeve #2, since the ODBC Drivers store Logon and Filenames when
they are configured, there is no simple way for a program prompt for
USER/PASSWORD or Database without creating a new Datasource.  If
anyone has any insight here it would be appreciated.

In general, I need much better programmer documentation for the ODBC
drivers (I know, -there's always minisoft-) if there is anything
available I would like to know where to get it.  Not everyone wants to
limit access to Microsoft Office.

Rgds
Mel Rees