HP3000-L Archives

August 1998, Week 5

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 21:01:08 +0200
At 22:12 28.08.98 GMT, Bill wrote:
>     During the MPE technical round table at HPWorld a question was asked
>     regarding using a terminal server to access the remote consoles.  I
>     volunteered to document such a configuration that is currently in use
>     at the Cupertino Capacity Planning Center (CPC).

[snip]

We're using an OpenView DTC MGR controlled DTC in a similar fashion here,
ie the Remote Console ports from multiple 3000s are connected to a DTC and
can be accessed either from serial DTC terminals or by telnet-ing into a
TAC card in a(nother nearby) DTC.

Full console access (including Ctrl-A and Ctrl-B) from an engineer's desk
or even from remote locations (home office via ISDN) is quite convenient.

Lars.

(only speaking for lappel, not for the German Response Center grc.hp.com)