HP3000-L Archives

August 1998, Week 4

From:
Art H Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art H Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 14:35:03 -0700
Hi Mark and All :)

     Run, Do Not Walk, Run to your nearest phone and get your CE on the
phone... I had this done at the site that I used to work at... and it saved
me numerous problems in the long run... like no issues on the firmware
anymore :)

    Also, the CE was happy to get my machine onto a newer tape drive (read
less calls hehehe) and he is the one who suggested the swap!!!

Art "Free is a very good price! hehe" Bahrs

My HP CE came out and did a free upgrade to a half-height 90m compressing
DDS-1 C1536A drive.  The CE told me that the reasons for the upgrade are
better reliability and that HP doesn't really want to be stocking those
most
ancient drives any more.
--
Mark Bixby                      E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Coast Community College Dist.   Web: http://www.cccd.edu/~markb/