HP3000-L Archives

August 1998, Week 4

From:
"Inghram, Don" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Inghram, Don
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 09:24:01 -0600
Costas Anastassiades wrote:
        <<The tape appears to have been raised out of it's "cradle" so it's
lined up
> with the slot, but yet won't come out. We've tried poking and prodding it
> and repeatedly pressing eject and issuing ABORTIO and dummy RESTORE
> commands. Something has definitely still got a firm hold on it. This had
> happened before, on a different machine and tape drive, but on that
> occasion
> the tape was still "lowered" in the drive.
> HP suggests we shut down and restart, so I'd like to hear any advice or
> things we could try before we get that far ...>>

        We had this happen several different times, and each time was due to
a DDS drive failure that required replacing the drive...  Once the drive is
out of the HP3000, there is a little wheel on it that can be rotated to
eject the tape.

    Don Inghram, Systems Mgr.
    The Christian & Missionary Alliance
    Colorado Springs, CO   (719) 265-2154