HP3000-L Archives

August 1998, Week 4

From:
Art H Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art H Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 10:58:03 -0700
Hmmm....
    Sounds like a job for somebody in HP that cares about the customer!!!

   I for one recommend 2 actions on the parts of all who have ordered the
*NEW* Image manual and received the 1994 version:
      1. Return the 1994 manual for a full refund!

      2. Get the CD-ROM version (should be newer???)

     3. Contact any and all HP Support/Contract people you deal with and
Harrange 'em!  It may not help but might make you feel better? hehehe (just
kidding)

oops... that was 3 things not 2... never could count right after taking
Calculus :) hehe

Art "I think it is one of those days :) " Bahrs

Subject:  Continuing Image manual saga

After trying to order the 1997 edition of the TurboImage manual and
receiving the 1994 edition, we escalated the problem with the people
at HP Parts Direct (+1 800-227-8164).  A manager there called us back
to say that attempts to order a specific manual version are rejected
by the computer, the 1994 version of the manual is all you can get, and
there's nothing further they can do for us.
Anyone know of another way to order manuals form HP?  Or who we call to
get them to burn all the obsolete manuals that they always try to send
to people?
G.