HP3000-L Archives

August 1998, Week 3

From:
Mike Hornsby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Hornsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 14:34:04 -0400
Stan,

How about a utility program called PREINST that would print custom
installation instructions based on
an examination of the system and user input. Such a program could also solve
one of the major black holes of the update process: checking to see if the
subsys tape matches the currently installed products!

I have suggested this before in the interest of saving trees, but now given
HPs new strategy for financing the future of MPE this is a way to save on
the costs of shipping update materials.

Mike Hornsby