HP3000-L Archives

August 1998, Week 3

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 09:05:27 -0700
CMendoza writes:
> Does anyone know of any certification courses that HP has to certify
> end users?

Many of the ones I know are already certifiable.

> For example, Microsoft has MCSE certification that any end user can
> apply for.

For end users I'm not aware of anything (if we're talking about the 3000).
There are certification programs for OpenView, and there are some fairly
simple certification tests required for resellers on both the 3000 and
9000 lines, but these aren't available publicly as far as I know.

I can think of lots of good areas for HP or others to invest money in the
3000, but developing and administering a cerification program isn't high
on my list.  Training programs, yes, but cerification sounds like a less
profitable use of resources.

G.