HP3000-L Archives

August 1998, Week 3

From:
Sletten Kenneth W <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sletten Kenneth W <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 18:14:05 -0700
After I said:

> > If there are other specific limits that apply to User Logging,
> > that anyone can think of, please do let me know.

Brian helpfully came back with:

> The maximum number of processes that can open a given Image
> data base (the same process can open multiple databases being
> logged to the same logging process and still only count as one)
> with write access, with Image logging enabled, is 1140. The
> restriction comes from the size of user logging data structre. At
> present, the user logging facility is implemented entirely in
> compatibility mode.  The data structure in question is kept in a
> CM DST.

Good one...  In fact, this seems like such an obvious candidate
that hearing no objection, consider it added....  The "SYSTEM"
section of the "current limits" list seems like the best place to me:

> SYSTEM:
>
>   2004 databases can be opened concurrently on a system.
+   1140 processes can open one database for WRITE when
     IMAGE logging is enabled (user logging is still all CM).

Thanks, Brian......    Any other additions;  in any area ??

Ken Sletten
SIGIMAGE Chair