HP3000-L Archives

August 1998, Week 3

From:
Andrew Schriber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Schriber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 14:23:05 -0400
We are planning to add a remote site to our HP3000.  The current problem is
a second time zone.  How can the remote users data entries reflect their
local time zone?  Can the utilities designed for year 2000 testing be used?
 If the can, will they be supported after the year 2000?  Is their another
way?

Also, does anyone have a list of problems to look out for when adding a
remote site?  The remote site will be connected using frame relay.
Connections will be made either VT sesions or through a Xyplex terminal
server.  The printers will be set up as network printers.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Andrew Schriber
LabCorp