HP3000-L Archives

August 1998, Week 3

From:
Tony Furnivall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Furnivall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 08:21:28 -0500
At 07:43 AM 8/20/98 -0500, Ian Collins wrote:
>I wrote a small command which is catalogued for my users, as follows,

...snip...

>This command (addcat) works fine when run from the comamnd line.
>However, if I put a number of these calls into a command file, as
>follows,

From the MPE COmmand Manual, p.2-534

If SETCATALOG is used in a UDC, all valid commands through and including the
setcatalog command execute. But execution of the UDC terminates after the
execution of the setcatalog command. COmmadns that follow do not execute.

My guess is that the first "addcat" command gets executed up to the point
where it issues a setcatalog, and then stops, thereby terminating the
command file execution. This is probably because it "loses track" of where
abouts it is in the UDC as it catalogs the new addition to COMMAND.PUB.SYS

HTH
TOny