HP3000-L Archives

August 1998, Week 3

From:
"Trudeau, James L" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Trudeau, James L
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 12:11:46 -0600
Tony, et al,

To me the whole certification process and what I would expect from
someone with a creditial of this sort would very much depend on
what and how the certification process is implemented.  Just a
bunch of book questions or can I hand them a crash and burn
hp 3000 scramble some portion of it's brain and say "Go fix"?.

I want to see the look on the certifiable to be when the certifior
walks in after an 18 hr session and says "OK, now everyone
take off their shirt and roll it up for a pillow, we are sleeping
on the computer room floor tonight and maybe tommorrow also.
No food except from that coin machine downstairs which is out
of everything except nacho corn chips."  Been there done it, I
know Wirt has and I bet a bunch a good portion of the posters
on this list have also.

Ya haven't slept with anyone until youv'e slept with a computer (IMHO)
now how do you certify that?  Or for that matter how do you put it
in a resume?  Just send me the candidate, I'll put all the certifications
and letters of recommendation and the note from their mother aside
and figure out a) will he/she fit in well with the rest of the staff b) do
they have the foggiest idea of what they are applying for.  After that
we can discuss who they've been sleeping with.

Jim Trudeau -  Indian name:  Man who sleeps with computers