HP3000-L Archives

August 1998, Week 3

From:
"Paul H. Christidis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:44:00 -0700
Assuming that you really mean 'merging' and not 'appending' the following
command file should do it.

echo input file1,file2   > gpstdin
echo output file3       >> gpstdin
echo key n,m            >> gpstdin
echo end                >> gpstdin
merge.pub.sys < gpstdin

Where 'n,m' are integers representing the starting position and length of
the 'sort' key of the files.

If you have separate steps to sort each data file you could 'improve' the
process and end up with a merged sorted file by doing the following:

echo input (file1,file2) > gpstdin
echo output file3       >> gpstdin
echo key n,m            >> gpstdin
echo end                >> gpstdin