HP3000-L Archives

August 1998, Week 2

From:
Stuart Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 07:55:13 -0400
I think they used an HP3000 Series 58 to do the accounting for that movie,
didn't they ? Of course you had to add some Hypoint Memory in an
unsupported memory mode on the dial settings, but it worked.
-------------
Original Text
From <[log in to unmask]>, on 8/10/98 12:26 PM:
Hey, there was an animated movie from about '82 which featured a couple of
unreleased Blondie tracks.  Originally called "Drats", it was released
under
the name of "Rock and Rule" and can be seen occasionally on cable now.  The
track I am particularly interested in is called (I think) "Send Love
Through--Angel's Song" which in actuality is an earlier version (mostly
different lyrics) of "Maybe For Sure" from Diva Harry's "Def Dumb & Blonde"
solo effort. The track is classic mid-career Blondie (think "Eat to the
Beat"
era) with the typical Clem Burke trademark drumming. I have a wonderfully
lousy recording (from a TV speaker!) of portions of it from a "Night
Flight"
episode at the time the movie was first out and the movie itself has even
less of the song in it.  No soundtrack that I know of was ever released.
Anyone know anything I don't?