HP3000-L Archives

August 1998, Week 2

From:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 10:01:02 +0100
The ongoing thread about old Interact articles snipped except for :
Mark Bixby:
> But at one or two or three "worthy" articles per issue, and an
> HP3000-L subscriber list of several hundreds, if every person
> interested in preservation could personally type in or OCR an
> article or two, then maybe a good chunk of this history could
> be preserved.

Tim Ericson:
>Okay - I'll step up to the plate and do "Command File Tips and
>Techniques" by Jack Bailie, which was printed in the March, 1994
>Interact Magazine (kinda on-topic for me - and I've already had
>a conversation with Jack - no electronic version is available).

As a contributor to Interact at one point, I believe I still have the
original articles on floppy somewhere. Wouldn't it be an idea to contact
the original authors for any articles that are of interest for the
"web-library" as they may well have electronic copies already.

>However, we need someone to keep a list of who's doing what, and
>that someone must have a library of ALL of the issues out there!
>Maybe someone at Interex?

Yes.

And I also have many old copies in my attic. I'll have to dust off the
cobwebs.

Cheers,

John Dunlop

E-mail : [log in to unmask]