HP3000-L Archives

August 1998, Week 2

From:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 13:19:28 -0500
I wonder if there is much interest in Interex publishing a set of CDs
containing all the publications since the inception of the group.  I
know that instead of all the boxes of magazines that I have, I'd
gladly purchase a set of CDs!  (Now if only HP-Professional, HPChronicle
and NewsWire would do the same!)

At 10:40 AM 8/10/98 -0800, you wrote:
>> Allan Chalmers wrote:
>>
>> > I have a bunch of Interacts, going back to the early 80's.  If there's
any
>> > interest in any or all, let me know privately, otherwise I will
reluctantly
>> > recycle.
>Interex would love to have these back issues of Interact. We are
>getting low on the earlier issues. Please send to Larry Sladay,
>Interex, 1192 Borregas Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94089. Send me the UPS or
>postal reciept (Michael Doyle) and we'll reimburse you. Thanks
>
>> So who is the HP3000/MPE Historian? Does Interex keep a copy of all its
>> mags (preferebly on digital media of some kind)? It just seems such a
>> waste to dump -- sorry, "recycle" -- all this history.
>>
>> Ideally, every article from every issue should be available online to
>> members, perhaps even through the Web, in a searchable format. Any
>> takers?
>We've got back to 94 on there now. I'll check to see how often old
>online issues are used to see if there is a need. My understanding is
>that traffic is pretty light. Thanks for your idea.

X-no-Archive:yes

/jf
                              _\\///_
                             (' o-o ')

                          Friday, July 31st

          Today in 1790 - The patent was registered in the U.S.

                            oooO  (    )
                             \_)