HP3000-L Archives

August 1998, Week 2

From:
Patrick Santucci <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Santucci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 12:20:18 -0500
Joe Geiser wrote:

> Heck, I'll even lead the tour through the historical sites as a
> pre-conference seminar <g>.  If you've ever wanted to stick your finger in
> the crack of the Liberty Bell, BSEPA is the only place to do it ;)

Here it is in writing, folks! Git yer tickits now! Let this be a lesson
to you Joe, be careful what you wish for, you just may get it!

I got to see a replica of the Liberty Bell many years ago at Knott's
Berry Farm's Independence Hall as part of a Civics/Government field
trip. If I remember correctly (and we're going back a few decasdes here,
so don't hold me to it) it was forged by the same foundry that did the
original -- or whoever did it used the same mold, now I can't recall --
so it was very close to being an exact replica, off by less than 50
pounds, I think. And they had it roped off -- NO ONE was allowed to
touch it, much less stick their finger in the crack! (No, I don't
remember how they made a crack in it, either.) It was very exciting
(even being a copy) and I'd really love to see the original, so you
gotta do the tour, Joe!

Patrick (more off-topic than on today) Santucci
--
Patrick Santucci
Technical Services Systems Programmer