HP3000-L Archives

August 1998, Week 2

From:
Guy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Guy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 17:28:59 -0700
A note of caution here.  E-mail is notorious for either being late on delivery, or disappearing all together if an intermediate server is down.  There are IP based paging protocols, as well as good old modem connections.

<plug_alert>

Do drop by http://www.telamon.com and review TelAlert.  We do paging (in more ways than you can image), but we also send message to e-mail, voice mail, phones, loud speakers, and electronic signboards (we can even attach a pager to an electronic signboard and have it receive the text of the message to display).  Due to oddities of MPE, we have not ported the TelAlert serer to MPE, but we do have the TelAlert client piece available if you want to run the server on NT or UNIX.

</plug_alert>