HP3000-L Archives

August 1998, Week 2

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:25:01 -0700
Hi all,

Last week, we posted a note about our experience when we called
Tivoli for information on how to restore files from a RoadRunner
backup.  (BTW, we received a callback from Tivoli after about
an hour or so, and were walked through the restore process.
We'd already reverse engineered the basic RESTORE by that time,
but it was still nice to get the call.)

Today, I was surprised to receive a phone call from their head
of support, Mike O'Neal.

We discussed the support problems of an organization the size of
Tivoli, and the desirability of having some means of getting
quick help for RoadRunner (e.g., help file on the tape,
or a URL displayed by the program, or a URL posted here on
HP3000-L and/or their web site).

Mike invites anyone with concerns/problems with Tivoli support
to contact him directly at: [log in to unmask]

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                     http://www.allegro.com/sieler.html