HP3000-L Archives

August 1998, Week 2

Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 00:10:48 -0400
Thus it was written in the epistle of Noel Demos,
> Phil Anthony wrote:
> >
> > And I thought a credenza had something to do with music  :>)
>
> Well, I guess we could have crescendoing credenzas.

For anyone who may actually be wondering, here's what WWWebster has to say on
the subject:

Main Entry: cre·den·za
Pronunciation: kri-'den-z&
Function: noun
Etymology: Italian, literally, belief, confidence, from Medieval Latin credentia
Date: 1880
1 : CREDENCE 3
2 : a sideboard, buffet, or bookcase patterned after a Renaissance credence;
    especially : one without legs

and

Main Entry: ca·den·za
Pronunciation: k&-'den-z&
Function: noun
Etymology: Italian, cadence, cadenza
Date: 1836
1 : a parenthetical flourish in an aria or other solo piece commonly just
    before a final or other important cadence
2 : a technically brilliant sometimes improvised solo passage toward the close
    of a concerto
3 : an exceptionally brilliant part of an artistic work

Ted
--
Ted Ashton ([log in to unmask]), Info Serv, Southern Adventist University
It is the heart which perceives God and not the reason.