HP3000-L Archives

August 1998, Week 1

From:
Joseph Rosenblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph Rosenblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 11:21:29 -0400
James Trout asked:
>I have a question.. we had a problem last week where the network kept
>dropping on the HP and stopped protocols showed up on the console... we
>couln't figure out why... and it quit on wednesday ...

I'm not sure this is the same thing but I occasionally have problems
with my remote sites loosing there connection to the HP. I have found
that this is occurs when a router or hub goes down for any reason, i.e.
if the connection is bad from either the network side or the HP side.

The HP LAN will look for the device 200 times (this means send 200
packets not 200 attempted logons.) After that it stops trying and says
that the NODE is not found. At this point you need to "recycle" the
network. This is done by:

:NETCONTROL UPDATE;NET=lan name (Usually LAN1)
:NETCONTROL UPDATE;NET=LOOP

If your problem is the same as mine this should correct it. Worse case
scenario you may have to down the network and restart it. This of course
logs all users off so it should be used as a last resort.