HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 5

From:
Felix Burger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Felix Burger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 11:13:24 +0200
Hello HP3000 MPE/iX (SAMBA/iX) Users

we, are a german HP-Partner and certified Client/Server & Internet
Integrator.
In cooperation with HP-Gemany we have developed a PC-based GUI called bbSAT
which manages the SAMBA/iX environment (i.e.smb.conf..).
We developed bbSAT first for our own purposes because most of us are coming
form MPE and we are neither  friends of UNIX (or HP-UX) nor friends of VI
but we
wanted to use the advantages of samba on our 969 KS. Therefore we developed
a tool which will userfriendly let you configure the many parameters
of samba. The current version implements all tags corresponding to the
 version of SAMBA/iX 0.7c.
bbSAT is that useful that HP is planning to  implement bbSAT into MPE/ix
6.0 xx.

Until that you may find the free downloadable Version of bbSAT on HPs site
at       http://jazz.external.hp.com/src/samba/index.html

Please feel free to contact us at [log in to unmask]

Best regards
bbSAT / SAMBA/iX team
at B+B Unternehmensberatung/Germany