HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 5

From:
"F. Alfredo Rego" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
F. Alfredo Rego
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 12:01:56 -0600
Glenn Cole <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Art Bahrs writes:
>>     um.... I hope HP made it a broad enough spectrum to include
>> "non-computer geek" periodicals... ie papers and/or mags read by the upper-
>> echelons (sp) that make the buying decisions as well as the computer people
>> who use and recommend the computers :)
>
>then Ted Ashton:
>> Right.  I was wondering if they put something in the Wall Street Journal or
>> some such and my boss says they ought to put ads also in the magazines in
>> the seat pockets on airlines).  I'm looking forward to the day when the VP
>> says to the DP manager, "find out what it would take to get onto an HP3000
>> like the Pres. was reading about."
>
>I've taken the liberty of repeating below most of a post from Jeff Vance
>about a week ago.  The msg was forwarded to him by Lisa Wright of
>CSY Marketing:

>     Advertisements will be seen in ComputerWorld, Information Week, CIO,
>     HP Professional, HP Chronicle, HPWorld and 3KNewsWire. European
>     advertisements will run in Informatique, Computerwoche and Computing
>     beginning September.
>
>Bottom line:  I guess we shouldn't look for this to appear in
>Golf Digest any time soon.

Actually, Glenn Cole sent me a private message asking me about publishing
the recent "HP 3000" Adager ad in Golf Digest.  With a devilish smile, I
thought, "why not"?

A quick call to Golf Digest answered the question rather abruptly:  Their
tariffs are a bit too stiff for my humble budget (not that Computerworld's
rates are inexpensive, but at least they are doable by mere mortals).

Granted, Golf Digest reaches a million people in the right "receiving"
bracket (versus the 160,000 or so that Computerworld reaches).  But I am
not in the right "sending" bracket for Golf Digest :-(

Any takers?  Hello, HP?  You don't have to go for a nice double-page
spread...  A nice one-page ad would do :-)

Now that we have reached the Computerworld moon, we should strive for the
Golf Digest slice (no pun intended) which lies beyond the computer-oriented
solar system :-)
 _______________
|            r  |  Alfredo              mailto:[log in to unmask]
|          e    |                           http://www.adager.com
|        g      |  F. Alfredo Rego               Tel 208 726-9100
|      a        |  Manager, R & D Labs           Fax 208 726-2822
|    d          |  Adager Corporation
|  A            |  Sun Valley, Idaho 83353-3000            U.S.A.